YOUR FOOD IS SAFE WITH US
With the current Covid-19 situation being declared as a pandemic, we want to assure you that we are following the best global food safety practices from the point of preparing food to deliver it in your hands.
There is currently no evidence of food being associated with COVID-19 transmission, according to both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA); the risks are largely associated with interacting with other people.
WHO has issued precautionary recommendations including advice on following good hygiene practices during food handling and preparation; such as washing hands, cooking meat thoroughly and avoiding potential cross-contamination between cooked and uncooked food. We are following it stringently for the health of our customers and staff both.
At CalorieSmart, we are doing everything necessary and are following a 4 steps strategy to fight Covid-19 for healthy YOU & our STAFF.
- Reinforcing extremely strong personal hygiene and food handling practices.
- Screening all food handlers routinely, and ensuring exclusion from work even if we spot slightest symptoms. As of today, none of us has reported any symptom
- Our staff has been trained to use gloves while delivering food and maintain distance from the customer
- We are now working with our clients to extend the daily meals to their WFH employees residing in Gurugram.
Global best practices for food handling & preparation being followed in Caloriesmart kitchens
We stringently follow standard recommendations to prevent any food contamination:
- Proper hand hygiene
- Cough/cold hygiene practices
- Avoiding close contact, when possible, with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing
Our staff is trained to wash hands with soap:
- Before starting work
- Before handling cooked or ready-to-eat food
- After handling or preparing raw food
- After handling waste
- After cleaning duties
- After using the toilet
- After blowing the nose, sneezing or coughing
- After eating, drinking or smoking
- After handling money
Our staff is trained to:
- Use separate sinks for washing vegetables, meat and hands, with hot and cold water
- Adequately clean surfaces, cooking materials and utensils in particular when dealing between raw meat and uncooked food in the kitchen
- Use gloves while packing food, delivering food and staying at a distance while delivering food to the customers
Initiative to extend the meal convenience for your WFH employees
As a community, we are better able to slow the spread of COVID-19 by limiting eating out at restaurants, where we will not be in close proximity to others.
Our combined objective as a community should be to flatten the curve so to speak, by slowing down the speed of an outbreak and preventing a sharp spike.
At the same time, while employees work from home, cooking may become a hassle for them. As an employer, you would also want your employees to focus on what they do best - their work, and not get in the hassle of cooking their mid-day meals.
At CalorieSmart we are working with our prestigious clients to extend the meal facility to their employees even if they are working from home. We will ensure that the healthy meals are delivered to employees keeping into consideration the global food handling practices prescribed by the WHO & European Food Safety Authority.